Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ok on my redbud shooter, with red tubes, I wanted to engrave the All Seeing Eye, as I think it is the ultimate cool, also on dollar bills too, so got some cutters for the dremel, made some drawings, and here’s how it turned out, blacked it with a black felt pen, I really like it, probably help with my Aiming too, may try some other stuff also.

Attachments

·
Mojave Mo
5,156 Posts
Ok on my redbud shooter, with red tubes, I wanted to engrave the All Seeing Eye, as I think it is the ultimate cool, also on dollar bills too, so got some cutters for the dremel, made some drawings, and here's how it turned out, blacked it with a black felt pen, I really like it, probably help with my Aiming too, may try some other stuff also.
Fun!

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
539 Posts
The frame looks beautiful. Regarding engraving using a Dremel..... practice on something else first. The issue with a Dremel is that it is a shitty attempt at a pencil die grinder. The rotational inertia of the armatures creates a massive gyroscopic effect that makes it hard to control with precision, and the RPMs are too low to give you that dentist-drill zero-jump speed. If you have a proper air compressor, and by proper I mean plenty of horsepower and a big tank that can move a lot of air, a cheap pencil die grinder will only cost you about 40$. You will be absolutely STUNNED by the difference. Mine spins at >60,000RPM (a dremel usually claims 30K+, but often doesn't meet those figures) and cuts without grabbing or jumping or anything. It is simply amazing. Food for thought. I don't want to give you a hard time, I'm just a dude who suffered through Dremels for years, using them lots (still do, they have WAY more torque than most high RPM air tools) and never could get an engraving worth a damn. Then on a recommendation picked up a pencil die grinder and it literally changed my life.

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
That looks awesome! I've tried similar stuff with a wood burner, but never thought of using a dremel. The eye definitely ups the cool factor +5!

Reactions: MakoPat

·
Registered
815 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Hey- STO, yep, I use dremel inmy stained glasswork, wore out 4 of them, this first go around at engraving, see how it turned out, my old compressor is bout shot, got to get a new one anyway, and my die grinder is too old also, too big too, so if I think it’s worthwhile to me will up grade to bigger nd better, on the dremel I run at max with it and use new cutters. But in meanwhile got a church window got to re-store, so may be a while on serious stuff, thanks for the advice, see how things work out. Later,,, B.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts