Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
28 Posts
Not bad at all. You took a lot of wood off, hopefully you had some power tools to help you? That looks like it was a lot of work.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Haha yes, a lot of wood. I have more photo's but didn't know it wouldn't let me attach more of them in the comments :(. No power tools man... I actually was looking for a whittling project but ended up with a lot more haha. Did it with a coping saw, a fiskar saw, and a fiskar scythe that I used as kinda an axe. Next time I'm going to go for a smaller fork :rofl:

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am uploading some of the other pictures I took on the project leading up to the completion. The last picture is my first coat of tru oil I applied tonight after going up to 120 grit and adding band grooves as well as a tube hole for a matchstick setup if i want to try that in the future. I've learned to much working on this.

Attachments

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Awesome! Looking forward to your finished product!
Thank you! I'm going to update with one more picture after I am done with all of the coats on this guy. I think I'm going to go up to 4 coats of Tru Oil waiting 3-5 hours between coats and then use some 0000 steel wool on it and finish with a final top coat.

· Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
Okay, done until I can get some 0000 wool. Made a few mistakes and learned a lot from them. I’m happy overall with what I knocked out on my first go

Attachments

1 - 20 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.