Slingshots Forum banner

First BB (as in Daisy) shooter

1448 Views 12 Replies 8 Participants Last post by  harpersgrace
Well I made my first dedicated BB shooter, it was the last fork I had drying in my trunk (gotta hit the woods soon) the forks were very narrow and almost parallel to each other for their entire length. i figured it would be too narrow to use but I still didn't want to throw it out so I went ahead with it anyway, So now I have a BB shooter but as things usually work I have no BBs. I tried shooting a couple of marbles through it with limited success then I remembered I had a box of 20cal pellets for my air gun and the rest is history....now that I know it works it's off to Walmart to get some BBs..
So here she is, the last of the Butt sisters, Baby Bathsheba.

See less See more
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
Doesn't look butt ugly to me att all. I like it!
I agree....not so ugly to me
See less See more
Awwww, that's a cute lil feller. Nice job, Harper.
Man that thing is ugly! Just send it to me so I cam bury it in the back yard!

I'm I seeing this correctly? Did you drill holes threw the forks for the tubes and then loop them around the forks?
See less See more
I'm I seeing this correctly? Did you drill holes threw the forks for the tubes and then loop them around the forks?
Yep. It's a pretty cool method. Same as this, except harp puts his loops under the bands rather than over.
http://www.youtube.com/user/GekoGR#p/u/17/1P0aC58bLds
Yeah I like to make naturals but all I had on hand were tubes so I came up with the idea, only to find out it had already been
done . on smaller forks I just feel more secure having the tubes under rather than over, don't know why...
See less See more
Naturals posess an intrinsic beauty. They always seem to fit the hand well and possess structural strength like a composite.

This is no exception.
This one I am pretty sure I'll keep most of the others I make will probably be put up for sale from time to time,( I love making them but you can only shoot so many) I'm afraid if I sold this one somebody would try shooting a 50 cal ball through it no matter what I said, and would end up with splinters in their face or a broken thumb or finger....
Hey what do you use to finish your naturals?
I just use a clear gloss acrylic varnish I pick up at the local craft store, I wipe it on with a rag, usually put on 6 coats or more till it shines like I want. Seems to be pretty sturdy. I'm out now and dont remember the brand. Sorry
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.