Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well....it finally happened. I got my first card cut today. I've been close quite a few times.....

White Product Gambling Textile Red

Everyone told me that I would be able to tell by the sound, but after being soooo close and getting the partial cuts, I was begining wonder. I have to admit, they were all right. I knew by the sound...before I saw the piece fall...that it was a good one. Now, if I can just get it on camera!!

This evening I decided to pilfer a can from the wife's collection (she is out of town....brave huh) and do some experimenting on pull length, pouch twist, etc. Here in Iowa, we have a 5 cent deposit on all beer and pop cans....best nickel I have spent in a loooonnnnggg time. I do think I got my money's worth.

Vertebrate Mammal Organism Wood Font

Now I have to go hide the evidence....Happy wife ....more shooting time

Attachments

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks Catburn...I couldn't wipe the smile off my face for about an hour....can't imagine what a match light is going to feel like.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Thanks everyone....while I'm very happy with the shot, not sure about bragging rights yet...not till its on video. And hooked? yeah you could say that....I think I'm up to 16 slingshots with 3 more on the way.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Ordie....I love it!!! I have actually seen this preformed live by Sean Morey (without the help of Milton). As many wise men before me have said...happy wife, happy life. And I'm one happy guy.

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Thanks Newconvert...maybe I'll just have another dew and replace it...some things are just easier...lol.

·
Premium Member
1,798 Posts
Nice one Todd!!

It would be really cool to try get it on camera, and what better excuse to shoot more

maybe ask the neighbours for an empty can though haha

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
LGD...gotta love the Dew...I don't function well till my 2nd one of the day....better than coffee, and bring them, I think we can find something to shoot at...might have to empty a couple of "other" drink cans, but we will find something.

Thanks Andy...I don't think I'll ask the neighbors...they just shake their heads at me anymore....first the throwing knives and hatchets, and now the slingshots...they think I've gone off the deep end.

Thanks you Bill....I actually got it with the Maxim Tactical with Tex's latex tubes and Ray's pouch. I was trying to find the right length of tube set for me...I think I may have found it.

Jaxter...Thank you very much.

·
Registered
938 Posts
LGD...gotta love the Dew...I don't function well till my 2nd one of the day....better than coffee, and bring them, I think we can find something to shoot at...might have to empty a couple of "other" drink cans, but we will find something.

Thanks Andy...I don't think I'll ask the neighbors...they just shake their heads at me anymore....first the throwing knives and hatchets, and now the slingshots...they think I've gone off the deep end.

Thanks you Bill....I actually got it with the Maxim Tactical with Tex's latex tubes and Ray's pouch. I was trying to find the right length of tube set for me...I think I may have found it.

Jaxter...Thank you very much.
Good job! Looks like you got several, "near cuts"

Your neighbors may think you are crazy now, but just wait until they need you in the future to either feed them or protect them.

Nice trio of slings pictured. Looks like all three are great shooters.

Bill

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Good shooting Todd. After the first card cut they get progressively less difficult... notice I did not say easier!

You are totally hooked now. Welcome to the sickness, you are now an official slingshotaholic!

·
Premium Member
2,553 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Ray and Nathan....thanks for all the encouragement, and all the help at the Summer Nationals. I love shooting at tougher targets, it keeps me interested. I don't want it to be easy, that wouldn't be any fun.

WBTJR...I have several more that I didn't put in the pic. Ones that were hit, but wouldn't show on camera. The neighbors won't get fed from the slingshot as I have no where to hunt and am not fond of most of the smaller game. When it comes to protecting the neighborhood, I prefer something that barks a little louder.....as an FFL holder they are fairly easy to come by

1 - 20 of 24 Posts