Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
54 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This is my first catapult build.
Thank you jcharmin for the creating the aardvark.
Tumeric stained olive wood with a super glue varnish, 23mm fork tips.
Haven't shot it yet, bit scared to ruin it being honest lol
I'll be making more once I get more tools, I had to cut this out from an olive wood chopping board with a Swiss army knife saw lol

Finger Gesture Plant Wood Thumb

Gesture Finger Natural material Thumb Wood

Human body Gesture Finger Sculpture Thumb

Gesture Finger Amber Wood Creative arts

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,243 Posts
I have some files and a crappy Dremel, recommend any other tools?
I have a crappy Dremel as well so don't feel bad! Other than a band saw it sounds like you have everything you need to work with some wood frames! Jigsaws are nice a bit dangerous on small frames but they work and vise if you have room for it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
And this bit for the Dremel is the absolute best for band grooves! If you end up getting one and using it practice first because it works so well it's easy to mess up lol
View attachment 377449
That’s fantastic. I’ve got a couple wood frames I’m working on and was trying to figure out the best tool for cutting those grooves.

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,243 Posts
That’s fantastic. I’ve got a couple wood frames I’m working on and was trying to figure out the best tool for cutting those grooves.
IT really is! I have been using the same bit for a few years now and this last year it's been used on metal cored frames, g10, micarta, and hardwoods and it rips right through all of it.

·
Registered
46 Posts
IT really is! I have been using the same bit for a few years now and this last year it's been used on metal cored frames, g10, micarta, and hardwoods and it rips right through all of it.
I have a limited work space and was thinking about getting gone one those adapters that you can mount your dremel in it like a drill press. A client of mine has one, it's pretty nice and looks to be very useful.

·
Registered
Love me some slingshots.
3,243 Posts
I have a limited work space and was thinking about getting gone one those adapters that you can mount your dremel in it like a drill press. A client of mine has one, it's pretty nice and looks to be very useful.
I'd say try it out! That's one thing I lack is a drill press and it's about time for one setting all of these pins with a hand drill gets tough sometimes.

·
SLING-N-SHOT
5,761 Posts
Olive wood has some beautiful grain always, great job on that.

Also, when you’re crappy Dremel stops cutting but the motor still runs, don’t chuck it as it’s most likely the little geared plastic coupler between the motor and bit shaft is stripped, and it’s replaceable.

I’ve had my Dremel for years and years and I have had to change that coupler twice now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Darrell Allen

** SlingLyfe Band Up **

1 - 20 of 23 Posts