Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

· Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was overjoyed when my gardener brought me 50 nice Guayacan forks. They have been my sort of "holy grail" of natural slingshot forks for a long time. I patiently waited for them to dry enough to work with and after several months, took a likely looking fork and started debarking. I was dismayed to discover that the bark constitutes about half of the thickness of the forks and is much too soft to leave on. So, I set them aside. After my unscheduled 6 week trip to Texas, when I returned home I once again thought of the huge pile of Guayacan forks. I figured that, since few of them would be thick enough to make normal sized naturals, why not make some really strong small naturals? That is what I have now done, and here is my first attempt.

This little guy measures 5 inches tall and 2 inches between fork tips. The forks are just over 1/4 inch in diameter and the handle about 5/16, but this is one strong little frame. For power, I used 7 inches of 1/2 inch wide straight cut .050 latex and a Jim Harris pouch, tied on with some scrap TBG. It spits out the 3/8 steel balls at 235 fps and .44 lead at 180+.

In the first picture, the coin is "un quata", or 25 centismos. It is exactly the same size as a US $.25 coin.

Body jewelry Wood Artifact Tree Religious item

In this picture, you can get a better idea of its diminutive size, and I do not have large hands. Please excuse the dirty fingernails, but I've been working.

Gesture Wood Finger Tool Hand tool

Finally, this picture is here just because it's purty.

Wood Font Natural material Metal Fashion accessory

Attachments

· Over 9001 Warning Points!
1,953 Posts
I really like that one, I like the little guys. That looks plenty strong.

· Premium Member
2,320 Posts
Boy, Henry that wood does have a nice color to it! A totally natural lookin' slingshot.

· Registered
2,217 Posts
Go surprises! Henry.

When Less is rescued some say in my village ... "better than nothing"

Very nice that it got through all stages.

· Premium Member
4,776 Posts
Some nice naturals Henry. 50...WOW that ought to keep you busy for a while!

· Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I am looking for these kind of slingshot, I think this is best place to buy or sell slingshot's. So would you like to tell me that how can I will get a slingshot? I am really interested to get that slingshot.
I don't usually sell slingshots. I sometimes trade. Do you have something to trade?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.