Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
My first batch of hdpe made in toaster oven and I live off the grid tools grinder, file a Dremel ,
Now these first two pictures are of the same slingshots opposite side I still yet have finished sanding and shaping the mini -turtle Pfs thingy , band slots clean up sand maybe band holes
the opfs get band slots not gonna go heavy on sanding under 150 -200 this stuff gets slippery when it's polished nice
Brown Wood Gesture Art Sleeve

Wood Paint Art Wood stain Hardwood

This is the batch
The want -to -be pickle or bone you see in the picture will be melted tonight along with that scrap above
Had enough to do one large slingshot but it had a flaw in it so I had to make a small slingshot renew design change
Jeans Wood Textile Sleeve Denim

Attachments

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
This was the plan
Nice bone " no looks like a kindergartner made it can't fix it I could make something smaller but I could make something bigger tonight the bone gets melted as we speak lol
had made the opfs and wanted two opfs and one target sniper
That was the plan and had room but the one section that look like it did not take had a crack " I thought"
"After I started cutting could of used it "So went with the new design change that's when I made the mini turtle pfs and I have enough to make one more OPfs
But will melt that also tonight don't think it will have the color I want in a opfs to much blue ,I happy with the opfs and mini turtle it feels really good . On to new slings in my head by tonight when u get up tomorrow I'll have things started I hope.
Leg Human body Bicycle part Human leg Font

Wood Paint Gas Hardwood Wood stain

Bumper Automotive design Automotive exterior Font Asphalt

Attachments

·
Registered
962 Posts
I like hdpe. It always surprises me the patterns and colors that come out of the stuff. It takes a lot of recycled plastic to get a good block but worth it. Ive found that if you have small holes in it after sanding, I take a wax crayola crown and a heat gun and fill the little holes just by scribbling over them. Then melt the wax in the small bubbles, then sand again. It does not sound very durable but i only do smaller imperfections. I think if you clear coated it after it would be more durable.

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
No small holes very solid maybe like three little but sanded out
And one crack about 4" long looks like bad but only on top so turn out good

Just finished shaping the pfs finish this morning with sanding
Then
Try to fine some white buckets
But it is Sunday and up here everything is shut down
So maybe the ace hardware I think I only need one red and one white and I could make another batch

·
Banned
418 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Two more runs on RWB will have scraps from these two make one small just for opfs 3/4" Thick sand to right size then
More colors
Got some baby blue don't see that offen
Baby blue and white ? Think might trade a block for a sling ? Not my red white blue :)

Paint Wood Art Automotive exterior Carmine

Tread Wood Wheel Luggage and bags Automotive tire

Textile Wood Paint Art World

Attachments

1 - 13 of 13 Posts