Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
18 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well to star off I am knew to slingshots and wood working and am only 16 years old so I don't have a giant amount of skills, any way I cut down my lural hedge a few months ago and went looking for a natural y shaped branch and this is what I found. So I carved the bark off and sanded the stick and used a dremel tool to help shape it and rounded the tops for bands.
Thanks for looking,
Josh

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
Looking good so far. Just keep at it, and it will turn out fine. The nice thing about making your own is that you can size it to fit your hand. Everyone starts out just like you. The only way to get experience is to jump right in and try things. Welcome to the sport.

Cheers ...... Charles

·
Premium Member
2,377 Posts
Welcome to the forum Josh. Very nice looking fork you've found and your doing a great job on it so far.

sean

·
Registered
259 Posts
Good job, lad. Just be careful with your sawdust. Laurel can be toxic. Very toxic! Keep going and the skills will come. You're doing fine so far.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
This is the way, Josh. It comes naturally. Once you have finished this one it will get you started on wanting to make more and better slingshots and as a result your skills will naturally improve and multiply. Before you know it you will be as pathetic as the rest of us slingshot junkies. Hah!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts