Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,162 Posts
nice, like that a lot............I have one similar that has that little branch kick out at the bottom, but I've done a bit

more finger groove carving on it, and the pinky finger sits right on top of that little kick out.

I will post a pic of it when I get done............I can't recall now, but I think it was either Maple or Magnolia.

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
nice, like that a lot............I have one similar that has that little branch kick out at the bottom, but I've done a bit

more finger groove carving on it, and the pinky finger sits right on top of that little kick out.

I will post a pic of it when I get done............I can't recall now, but I think it was either Maple or Magnolia.
I 'm not sure of the tree it came off of and yeah the little "kick out" fits great.What are you going to use,bands or tubes?

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,162 Posts

I 'm not sure of the tree it came off of and yeah the little "kick out" fits great.What are you going to use,bands or tubes?
I have never used or shot tubes, so will prob use TBBlack or TBGold tapered bands, and shoot 1/4" up to no larger than 3/8, maybe just 177 BB's up to 1/4" ( I do want to get me some light tubes though, and make some with tabs and tubes for light ammo )

·
Registered
173 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Nice Find! It's great to find them almost ready to go. I, too recommend flat bands . Tubes would need tabs or a slot in the top of each fork.
Thank's for the help,it didn't look like this when I found it.I had to trim it down and remove the bark along with sanding and polishing.Sorry for the misunderstanding.I am ordering a flat band set soon from Simpleshot.so it should turn out well.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts