Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Took my first Squirrel of the season today. First shot with .44 cal lead went through the shoulder and knocked it out of the tree second shot from close up was to the head and finished him. Squirrel barbecue tomorrow. Perry' PS-2 is awesome.
Philly

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Picture attached.
Philly

·
Quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
1,414 Posts
Well done, he's bloody big!
How far did you initially shoot him from? And how far did your bullet penetrate?

Out of coincidence the squirrel who'd been eating my mum's strawberries came back again and stole one the size of a plum!
I've prudently ordered some lead from Perry and will have to be sending some in that lil' beggar's direction!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
First shot was about 25 feet, he was feeding in a big white oak tree. That shot broke his front sholder and penetrated. Knocked him out of the tree. He wasn't going anywhere, I finished him with a head shot from about 10 feet. I posed him for the camera so as not to show the messy side but he was hit hard twice. Lunch tomorrow.
Philly

·
1,414 Posts
First shot was about 25 feet, he was feeding in a big white oak tree. That shot broke his front sholder and penetrated. Knocked him out of the tree. He wasn't going anywhere, I finished him with a head shot from about 10 feet. I posed him for the camera so as not to show the messy side but he was hit hard twice. Lunch tomorrow.
Philly
Mmm, I bet he'll taste nicely fixed up with some chips and glass of beer!

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
Well done, he's bloody big!
How far did you initially shoot him from? And how far did your bullet penetrate?

Out of coincidence the squirrel who'd been eating my mum's strawberries came back again and stole one the size of a plum!
I've prudently ordered some lead from Perry and will have to be sending some in that lil' beggar's direction!
Sam you dont need lead balls for squirrels, these will do, dont you know squirrel like nuts ha ha jeff

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Jeff, how straight do they fly at 10 meters, thats about my max for an 80% chance of a solid well placed shot?
Philly

·
1,414 Posts
Jeff, how straight do they fly at 10 meters, thats about my max for an 80% chance of a solid well placed shot?
Philly
IMO nuts are only suitable when they have lead hammered inside them, I think Jeff was just joking. But obviously their relatively high velocity and irregular shape will result in very awkward trajectories. Nothing currently Lead Roundballs IMO....

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sam, sounds like jeff was serious. I think?
Philly

·
1,414 Posts
accuracy is related with fork.
And the roundness of the object, so power over oddity of shape will give Jeff 10 yrds.
[/quote]

peoples been shooting stones for years, so why not steel nuts, they feel nice in the pouch, jeff
[/quote]
Because we have more humane alternatives.

·
Premium Member
2,167 Posts
And the roundness of the object, so power over oddity of shape will give Jeff 10 yrds.
[/quote]

peoples been shooting stones for years, so why not steel nuts, they feel nice in the pouch, jeff
[/quote]

[/quote]

A steel nut does the same if not more damage, and a lot cheaper, i use them when i go rough shooting in the woods, you dont mind missing if you havnt paid for them, we have no one i know of in england that does cheap lead ammo like perry, jeff

·
1,414 Posts
[/quote]

[/quote]

[/quote]

A steel nut does the same if not more damage, and a lot cheaper, i use them when i go rough shooting in the woods, you dont mind missing if you havnt paid for them, we have no one i know of in england that does cheap lead ammo like perry, jeff
[/quote]
Aye, I've just ordered 200 x 0.44" Lead bullets from Perry (including shipping,) for $33.00 ($20+$13,) that's only £21.50 - £1.50 more than what just 100 would have cost me over here!
I think we're being taken for a ride mate....

PS: Just out of interest, how long is the draw length you use when you're hunting mate? I want to try and imitate you as much as possible - it clearly works!

·
Philly
2,576 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Sam, my draw length is 28 inches to my anchor, my cheek bone. I shoot tex shooter' s express bands at full length. Was shooting at the Long Island secomd shoot today and had the opportunity to shoot many flips and band types. I am going to experiment with shorter band lemgths this week. Cvarcher had some ecpress bands about 6.5 or 7.0 inches that really shot 12 MM very flat. They weigh aboit the same as 44 cal lead. Update mext week. Phily

1 - 20 of 33 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.