Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Sweet frame.

Unless you shooting very heavy ammo - try get some lighter bands. But guess thats another notch in your wife's displeasure.

Harder pull does not equal more power/speed. Need to match bands to ammo. For some reason many band makers in the uk will sell triple 25-20mm taper etc. bands for some reason.

Heavy bands will wear faster (if pushing underweight ammo) and will actually shoot slower (even if it feels like the projectiles will puncture brick walls).

·
Registered
21 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Sweet frame.

Unless you shooting very heavy ammo - try get some lighter bands. But guess thats another notch in your wife's displeasure.

Harder pull does not equal more power/speed. Need to match bands to ammo. For some reason many band makers in the uk will sell triple 25-20mm taper etc. bands for some reason.

Heavy bands will wear faster (if pushing underweight ammo) and will actually shoot slower (even if it feels like the projectiles will puncture brick walls).
Thanks for the advice, i was going to ask about that, i watched a youtube video of a lad making a natural slingshot, and he used these bands, so that`s why i got them, but i understand what your saying, as i watched another video of a lad showing how to shoot accurately and he had only one band, ive got some single ones on order, Once again many thanks, it`s all a learning curve for me at the moment, so the more advice the better.

·
Super Moderator
6,185 Posts
Sweet frame.

Thanks for the advice, i was going to ask about that, i watched a youtube video of a lad making a natural slingshot, and he used these bands, so that`s why i got them, but i understand what your saying, as i watched another video of a lad showing how to shoot accurately and he had only one band, ive got some single ones on order, Once again many thanks, it`s all a learning curve for me at the moment, so the more advice the better.
Seems to be very much a British approach... Went through the same 'issue' when I got back into slingshots and was still living in the UK. In fact at the time it was difficult to find 'usable' powered bands. Those across the pond tend to use wrist rockets with stock tubes with a similar problem. Actually Wasp and HTH do some nice ones.

I still get surprised at how little rubber I need to get some solid shots off. There are a few members who have done the science and the proof is undeniable.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts