Slingshots Forum banner

First Perspex Frame

4K views 22 replies 22 participants last post by  Sam 
#1 ·
Here's my first attempt at a perspex frame.

Still a bit of buffing work to go.

Attachments

See less See more
Discussion starter · #20 ·
Thanks for the great comments people!

To answer a few questions...

This piece is 22mm thick.

I purchased this piece ages ago from a sign making company. They always have truckloads of the stuff about. I think they specially ordered this piece for me as they usually have thinner stuff. It was originally the front of a subwoofer box that I went crazy and had a mirrored interior with blue neons.

It is VERY strong. It weights a little more than the one I made in bubinga of the same design.

I'm not sure 1/4 inch would be suitable for anything other than a small bb shooter or something using light bands but you can laminate it easily. Back in high school we laminated pieces of thin perspex together using eather. It was seamless and incrediably strong. I'm thinking I would like to do it again, make a frame using 2,3 or 4 different colours. Or maybe a clear front and back with a coloured centre.

Hehe, your right, put it down and you might never find it again.

Next I'm thinking of a way I can mount a battery and a blue or multi coloured led in the handle to make it glow.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.