Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

Registered
You did a fine job finishing the two of them!! Grain is filled in nicely. I like that sight! Almost missed seeing it.
Malemute
Beautiful! I've used Tru-Oil for decades on gun stocks when refinishing and always been pleased with the results. Builds up a nice finish with a few coats. Easy to repair if ever scratched also. Again, those are beautiful. Don
That is a good point that you brought up! I f you get a scratch in the finish you can easily recoat it. Good as new

Registered
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Beautiful! I've used Tru-Oil for decades on gun stocks when refinishing and always been pleased with the results. Builds up a nice finish with a few coats. Easy to repair if ever scratched also. Again, those are beautiful. Don
Thanks, I wish I had tried this years ago! I refinished an old accordion after stripping the celluloid and this stuff would have ended up looking a lot nicer!

Registered
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
You did a fine job finishing the two of them!! Grain is filled in nicely. I like that sight! Almost missed seeing it.
Malemute

That is a good point that you brought up! I f you get a scratch in the finish you can easily recoat it. Good as new
Thanks, I used 400 grit sandpaper while applying the first coat, then 0000 steel wool between coats and 2000 wet sand before the last coat.

And I'm glad you noticed the sight. I think I'm going to start incorporating that style on all of my slings. It's just two pieces of wire each folded in half. No glue. I just drill a hole slightly smaller and wedge it in about 1/4"-3/8".

1 - 15 of 15 Posts