Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So, I made these today. The board cut is a piece of reclaimed hardwood--of unknown variety--and the other is a natty fork, from Box Elder, I think. Can't band the natural, as the clear coat hasn't dried yet, but the board cut shoots nicely.I'll probably go back and reshape it a bit, just to even it out. Whaddya think?

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
10,991 Posts
That board cut has an interesting design ... do not recall seeing one like that before ... looks neat! Good idea to try it first before finishing ... then you can feel free to adjust it to suit.

And that looks like a classic natural! You are obviously having fun.

Cheers ..... Charles

·
Registered
210 Posts
That board cut has an interesting design ... do not recall seeing one like that before ... looks neat! Good idea to try it first before finishing ... then you can feel free to adjust it to suit.

And that looks like a classic natural! You are obviously having fun.

Cheers ..... Charles
Thanks, Charles. It's good to know one of the pros likes my little design.

Does anybody want to throw any name ideas at me? My mind is completely blank--not really, but I was watching 2001: A Space Odyssey while sanding it, and all I can think of is HAL-9000!

·
Registered
210 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I had to make one fork larger than the other because of a teenage "accident" that rendered the knuckle in my thumb useless--severed tendon. This allows me a greater degree of accuracy, and a stronger grip.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts