Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm making a few of these for friends and family, these are the first ones I've finished. None of the people that are getting these are into slingshots yet, but here's hoping. They're not nearly as nice as Henry in Panama's, but I hope people will like them.

I'm glad not everyone will be getting them at the same time as the ones I made later are nicer looking
. The one with the "super B" on it was the last one I carved and it really turned out nice, the "Rob" one is one of the first and it looks like it was cut with a butter knife and a spoon in comparison. The important thing is that they shoot really well. Thanks to ZDP-189 for his "Gamma" design in the Shared Designs forum, which was the starting point for these and for my current favorite shooter.
Merry Christmas everyone!

·
Premium Member
265 Posts
nice slingshots, could do with some more rounding on the bottom though, and arent those bands a little long, but overall great design

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The slingshots are pretty small, that's why the bands look long. The bands are 10" long. I did all the sanding with a Dremel, I don't have the patience for perfection

·
Tex-shooter
4,461 Posts
Hmmm, 107 Rubber bands? -- Tex-Shooter

·
Here to help and learn
781 Posts
That's what I was thinking Tex, but these may be 105s, at least by the looks of them!

Nice job aamj, I'm sure the recipients will have a great time with them....

Cheers - John

·
Registered
881 Posts
They look like good Christmas presentes. I would not mind to get one even if they are not "perfect". I bit you I am not the only one who thinks like that. Saludos,

·
Premium Member
7,905 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I gave my best friend his today and he loved it. We went out to the garage to try it out and I had to drag him back in when I got cold. I think we have a convert on our hands!

·
Super Moderator
5,251 Posts
I'm making a few of these for friends and family, these are the first ones I've finished. None of the people that are getting these are into slingshots yet, but here's hoping. They're not nearly as nice as Henry in Panama's, but I hope people will like them.

I'm glad not everyone will be getting them at the same time as the ones I made later are nicer looking
. The one with the "super B" on it was the last one I carved and it really turned out nice, the "Rob" one is one of the first and it looks like it was cut with a butter knife and a spoon in comparison. The important thing is that they shoot really well. Thanks to ZDP-189 for his "Gamma" design in the Shared Designs forum, which was the starting point for these and for my current favorite shooter.
Merry Christmas everyone!
They look plenty fine to me. Those are the kind that kids will remember with great fondness in later years. I made a board cut for my grandson this summer based on old style traditional board cuts. It's much too big for his 10 year old hands, has no fancy curves, no wrapping, but it does shoot well and has his name on it. He is the envy of all the kids his age in his neighborhood. You've done well, and the kids will love them.

·
Registered
606 Posts
Where's mine?

1 - 15 of 15 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.