Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
804 Posts
On narrow forks I hold the catty at a forward angle (I refer to it as "pre-flipping"). This has totally eliminated fork hits on even the narrowest of forks and I don't have to worry about trying to flip the fork forward upon release. I posted these pics in another thread, but I couldn't find it, so here they are again. THe first pic is a typical (roughly) 90 degree (between forearm and fork) hold. Pic 2 shows the pre-flip hold, and pic 3 is a side view of what the hold looks like. Give it a try. It may work as well for you as it has for me.

edited to add: Shot consistency is dramatically imporved with this hold as well.

Attachments

· Registered
804 Posts
I used to believe that until I shot myself in the web one day. -- Tex
Sounds painful!
No troubles for me so far, but it is something to keep in mind. As I said in the other thread, the second pic makes the angle appear more severe than it really is (an odd camera angle). You don't need to hold the fork anymore than maybe 30 degrees farther out than the standard 90 degree hold.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.