Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
So Many Marbles ------------- So Little Time ;-)
4,384 Posts
Almost done fixing up an old Magnum Hunter (I believe that is what it was called). The sling had a broken handle and the only easy way to put it together was to wrap it.

The slingshot was totally rusted out and had to be sanded and then was painted. I put a paracord gypsy tie with a rubber peg like I have been using on all my other slings lately to attach the tubes. The pouch is a Tex, slightly modified to about 11/16 wide and was tied on by using Chinese elastic ribbon.

I do have a slight problem with the gypsy tie system and will need to wrap it tighter, really don't want to get slapped in the face. (Using Latex Tubing's #204, this is some pretty stout stuff) --- Also there is no way to turn the forks around as the handle and arm brace would not work right, a real bummer for sure. A 3/8"ID x 1/2"L soft cap was put on to protect the tubing should it come in contact with the end of the fork.

I will dye the leather brace are black to match the sling a bit better also.

Magnum%20Wrist%20Slingshot%20sm.png

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Thanks guys, I think I'll be using a couple of very small hose clamps to hold the gypsy tie on. My wrapping method is probably secure enough, but I'm just overly cautious.

I did use some black permanent marker on the leather brace and it came out looking very nice, sort of very dark brown, I'm happy with it.

This sling will be a marble chucker and lead hauler .... I think I'll have fun with it.

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Went out to the desert floor and flung some marbles with this sling today. Yes it flings them hard and is very easy to shoot. The forks being so wide I have to change my aiming point as I'm shooting low, but every sling is different. Loved shooting the marbles as I can easily see them fly. I kept a close eye on my tubing/fork attachment as I must make it more secure.

Shot my Chinese cheapo today also using 3/8" steel propelled by 1842 looped tubes and they were flying out quick for sure. man alive I love the ugly modified sling, for me it just works.

It was windy and cold and the ground was still wet from all the rain we have had so I could not go to my regular spot. If it doesn't rain tonight I may go out there again tomorrow.

wll

·
4,384 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
It has snowed in the AV again, so no slingshot shooting today.

So I took the tube to fork gypsy tie I did and re tied them very strongly and supper glued the tough nylon line I used, it is much. much better.

Maybe I will get a chance to use it Saturday if it doesn't rain ... The ground will be still to wet for me to go out tomorrow.

wll

1 - 9 of 9 Posts