Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello all, i found a really nice fork in the yard today, pictured below

My question is this: there are a couple small worm or grub trails just below the bark. They dont go deep, and they arent longer than an inch. Is there a way to fill these and keep the look natural?

Thanks
Q

·
Registered
3,109 Posts
I personally would just leave them but if you want to fill them the only way I know that would be mostly invisible, would be to mix some of the saw dust from the fork with epoxy, fill the tracks and then sand it smooth...

·
Registered
4,662 Posts
I personally would just leave them but if you want to fill them the only way I know that would be mostly invisible, would be to mix some of the saw dust from the fork with epoxy, fill the tracks and then sand it smooth...
Need we say more than; Good advice from Harpersgrace. Do what you want. Who cares what others think about your slingshot design preference. This is your hobby and it is something to give you satisfaction in what you want out of it.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,147 Posts
Sometimes little harmless quirks like that add charm or character to a fork. Sometimes they don't. It's all in the eye of the beholder.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.