Slingshots Forum banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

· Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Yeah, nice collection!

I have a few MAG Industries, Surefire, Nitecore, Fenix, plus Ultrafire, Spiderfire, etc. but I'm not particularly into them. I appreciate a good light as long as it's not too expensive. I sometimes help my mates on British forums get Chinese flashlights. I group bought 2,500 keyring flashlights for britishblades and procured another 2,500 for bushcraftuk's magazine and did some $6,000 worth of group buy for about LED 75 torches in the 1,000 lumen range again on britishblades. I generally try to avoid it though, as after-sales customer support and replacements of postal-losses is a killer.

· Registered
645 Posts
Yeah, nice collection!

I have a few MAG Industries, Surefire, Nitecore, Fenix, plus Ultrafire, Spiderfire, etc. but I'm not particularly into them. I appreciate a good light as long as it's not too expensive. I sometimes help my mates on British forums get Chinese flashlights. I group bought 2,500 keyring flashlights for britishblades and procured another 2,500 for bushcraftuk's magazine and did some $6,000 worth of group buy for about LED 75 torches in the 1,000 lumen range again on britishblades. I generally try to avoid it though, as after-sales customer support and replacements of postal-losses is a killer.
Cool !
Can you tell your experiance with Ultrafire and Spiderfire?I wanted to buy them but I hear they have poor build quality and lot of times need to fix them right out of package in orter to work.Cheap torches claim much more lumens that they acctualy produce and cuz of this for me is hard to invest in them. Anyway have you heard about Tank007 torches they are small but claim to prodice at least lot of lumens
Cheers :Jaydee

· Premium Member
3,228 Posts
Factory quality control is indeed a bit iffy. The proportion of dodgy lights is low, but they work on the presumption that if you have a problem you will return it for a replacement. Therefore the customer service and location of your vendor is important.

However, a large proportion of the lights that have problems are fakes. One internet supplier (dealextreme) originally bought originals from Ultafire, but Ultrafire soon noticed that they were selling close copies under Ultrafire label with copied or defective parts.This hurt UF's rep a lot until people on candlepowerforums and other forums noticed that dealextreme had become so brazen that they had started producing new models under the Ultrafire label that even Ultrafire denied they had ever made.

Spiderfire is like Ultrafire, but a newer, much smaller competitor.

· Registered
645 Posts
Factory quality control is indeed a bit iffy. The proportion of dodgy lights is low, but they work on the presumption that if you have a problem you will return it for a replacement. Therefore the customer service and location of your vendor is important.

However, a large proportion of the lights that have problems are fakes. One internet supplier (dealextreme) originally bought originals from Ultafire, but Ultrafire soon noticed that they were selling close copies under Ultrafire label with copied or defective parts.This hurt UF's rep a lot until people on candlepowerforums and other forums noticed that dealextreme had become so brazen that they had started producing new models under the Ultrafire label that even Ultrafire denied they had ever made.

Spiderfire is like Ultrafire, but a newer, much smaller competitor.
Interesting. I am up on CP but I never heard about this copying issue. Its true for sometime I did not check it so it must be new. I thought DX is good cuz everybody reccomends it.
Thanks for the news mate
.:Jaydee
Flashalcoholics

· Premium Member
716 Posts
Oh you poor poor nyctophobics. You people are sick I tell ya ... SICK !

Get help !

/me happily flounces off into the darkness, completely at home, and with nary a care in the world.

· Registered
319 Posts
How to make a Surefire E2 type flashlight for $10:
I have made two and I love them. I still like my LEDs I have made in the past because of battery life but this one is bright! Build one this weekend. It's easy and cheep.

I will try to find my 3vLumileds Luxeon LED flashlight build I did. It's a power point presentation. I got into LEDs when I had to made some verryable power suplys for LED illumination for microscopes using pulse width modulation.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.