Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
From what I have read it is the general opinion that tubes last longer than flat bands. I have shot hundreds of rounds out of several different slingshots and it seems to me the tubes die much quicker. The bands on my saunders seem to have eternal life. I must have 3000 shots on them. I have changed tubes twice on two other slingshots in the time frame I have had these flat bands on the saunders. They all get shot about the same.

Any thoughts or inputs? Makes me love the flat bands even more.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
The saunders bands shoot longer, out of there slingshots, than all other bands that I have tested. They don't have a lot of power, but more than standard tubes that I have tested. They shoot over twice as long as my bands. -- Tex

·
Registered
1,561 Posts
I dont want to start an argument here only I would like to say I use the 1745* tubes and get incredible life out of them I use the 4 strand fixed tubing so if and when a tube does snap I only have to replace one tube,for those who use the loop method to create the 4 strand inadvertantly when a loop breaks you are replacing 2 tubes using twice as much tube, and the same applies to folded flatband if it tears you have to replace a significant amount more.I also find since I started using tubing to connect the tube to the pouch instead of elasticated twine has helped considerably I also do not pull to the maximum which also helps prolong the life of the tubes I feel having used other thicker tubing and flatband before I would be hard pressed to find anything that lasts anywhere near as long as this tubing.

·
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
I dont want to start an argument here only I would like to say I use the 1745* tubes and get incredible life out of them I use the 4 strand fixed tubing so if and when a tube does snap I only have to replace one tube,for those who use the loop method to create the 4 strand inadvertantly when a loop breaks you are replacing 2 tubes using twice as much tube, and the same applies to folded flatband if it tears you have to replace a significant amount more.I also find since I started using tubing to connect the tube to the pouch instead of elasticated twine has helped considerably I also do not pull to the maximum which also helps prolong the life of the tubes I feel having used other thicker tubing and flatband before I would be hard pressed to find anything that lasts anywhere near as long as this tubing.
Do you have an example photo of your setup? What are these 1745 tubes you speak of?

Trust me I have much love for the tubes too. My trumark with the rr2 bands is my most shot slingshot.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Have you ever turned you Trumark 180 degrees and let the wrist brace point forward and tied flat bands on it? -- Tex

·
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Havent tried that yet. I have my saunders and my A+ for use with flatbands. I do have a few extra trumarks i could try this on though .... why would I need to spin it around?

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
Make the bands easier to tie on and gives you a little shot stabilizing and longer band life. -- Tex

·
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Does anybody know where I can get latex similar to what saunders uses? I see some on ebay but I am unsure of what thickness to get.

·
6,516 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Does anybody know where I can get latex similar to what saunders uses? I see some on ebay but I am unsure of what thickness to get.
http://www.dankung.c...15cm-p-317.html
[/quote]

That answered my question. They are selling .55 milimeter thick rubber which translates to about .0216 inches. Although they are selling the rubber very cheap. I may just get it from them.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts