Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello All,

Flat rubber is hard to obtain where I live , but I have eventually found flat exercise bands that are 0.50 millimeters thick.

I intend to shoot cast lead round balls that are about 10 millimeters in diameter.

Approximately how wide should I make these bands , and should I double them up , I know how to calculate draw length , so I can figure out how long to make the bands.

As can be gathered I am new to making flats.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thank you.

Cheers.

·
Premium Member
11,345 Posts
Excellent question ZS1 It’s good to post questions whether they are new or have been discussed a thousand times before. If anyone’s question whether simple or complex helps us enjoy and shoot more accurately then it’s a great question. I can’t think of anyone in this Forum that doesn’t want to help everyone achieve their goals in slingshot shooting.

·
Registered
52 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Hi, and welcome to the forum! That .50 will work. I love shooting lead and would start with a
25mm-20mm taper. How tight you stretch it will determine it's longevity. If that band has latex in it it should be fine. Enjoy!!!
Hello,

Thanks for the information , I will be trying this out sometime.

Cheers.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hello All,

Flat rubber is hard to obtain where I live , but I have eventually found flat exercise bands that are 0.50 millimeters thick.

I intend to shoot cast lead round balls that are about 10 millimeters in diameter.

Approximately how wide should I make these bands , and should I double them up , I know how to calculate draw length , so I can figure out how long to make the bands.

As can be gathered I am new to making flats.

Sorry if this has been asked before.

Thank you.

Cheers.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts