Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·

My 12 year old son Matt and I decided to start off with natural forks. This is our first one. I like the hunter flat bands and was wondering what we need to do to the forks to be able to use flat bands. Just want to make sure before we order some bands.

Thanks,
Jose

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
put grooves around the forks about a half in. down, and make sure that the ends of the forks are very smooth. if you want to shoot over the top.I would also go with lighter bands rather than hunter bands.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
+1 on the grooves. If your 12 year old is shooting, too, I'd go with natural gum rubber, 3/4 tapered to 1/2.

Nice fork

·
Registered
47 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
How wide do the grooves have to be? I'll post a pic of the other fork we are working on later today.

·
Registered
88 Posts
The guys are right. Hunter bands are tough to shoot if your not already very used to shooting a catty. Bill Herrimans field bands would be just the ticket on that slingshot.

·
Registered
3,147 Posts
How wide do the grooves have to be? I'll post a pic of the other fork we are working on later today.
I've never really measured them, I just take a rat tail file and make them. Maybe a eight of a inch just enough to give a good purchase when you tie the bands on.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts