Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
2,383 Posts
When I shoot OTT, I don't hard aim, I rely more on feel, so, even though I prefer flat tips for an easier reference, it really doesn't matter much. On the other hand, when I shoot TTF, I do hard aim, but because of the TTF band orientation, I don't care at all about fork tip shape.
All in all, for me, there is a very very minor preference for flat tips, but it is so minor that I don't even pay attention to it.

· Registered
2,383 Posts
Hi Ubamajuba,

There are four ways I make tips, as in the picture below:

One, I make somewhat rounded tips, half a circle you might say, of course, in practice it is only close so (as in a);

Two, I make tips so that they resemble catenary function, again, only close so (as in b

Three, flat tips (as in c);

And four, flat tips with the top line slightly slanted down so that the contact of the rubber and the tips is minimal (as in d).

There are two criteria for selection for me in this case: coolness and precision.

Since in many aspects of slingshot shooting I am more after things that are cool than after those that allow me somewhat higher precision (as in OTT which I find more cool vs TTF with which I am more precise), my order of preference is from left to right, as in the picture below:
tips.jpg

cheers,

jazz
And I thought I was the only one putting style higher in hierarchy than precision ????

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.