Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 27 Posts

·
Registered
855 Posts
Check these out: My link. Was over at Wally World tonight picking up some stuff and saw these. Didn't have the cash to pick them up, but there are three different bands @ roughly 4' long x 6" wide each. That's a lot of bands for $10.
These are also made of latex, according to the box. I might have to give some a try, unless someone else here beats me to it.

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
The only thing is, I don't know what the strengths are on each of these, and the box was taped shut, so I couldn't whip 'em out in the store and try them out.
Still, they definitely look worth a shot.

·
Registered
803 Posts
The only thing is, I don't know what the strengths are on each of these, and the box was taped shut, so I couldn't whip 'em out in the store and try them out.
Still, they definitely look worth a shot.
Could make a PRETTY slingshot,

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Remember that several layers of thin is faster than one of thick, so either way you'd be set. I bought some of it a few months back and it works very well on slingshots. Has several colors in it with different strengths.

Attachments

·
Registered
855 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Could make a PRETTY slingshot,
No reason your slingshot can't be effective and stylish.

Smitty, thanks for the info. I was hoping someone had tried these out. I think I'll pick some up this weekend.

·
Super Moderator
6,631 Posts
Pretty much any of the exercise bands that are made from real latex will do well for us. I tried the non latex exercise bands and they are no good. I was even going to use them for ties but they kept tearing. Well ,at least I got them for free. Sometimes I used to get sales on Latex Dishwashing gloves. Don't laugh, the work!
Flatband

·
2,153 Posts
I'm no flat band expert but I use a ratio of 3 to 2 that I got from Mel and Geko. I like the way it shoots and lasts. My bands are 3/4" at fork and 1/2" at pouch.

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
I am definately going to stop at the Mart With Walls when I get off the boat on the 27th and give this a shot. You could say that I have been trying to find a replacement for my beloved/hated Daisy yellow tubes (in my opinion the best elastics for lead EVER) for over a year now. I like the cheap price and easy availability of this product and it may be the way to go.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I am definately going to stop at the Mart With Walls when I get off the boat on the 27th and give this a shot.
A time saving hint (so you don't wander aimlessly around the store
): I stumbled across these in the sports section in the same aisle as the basketballs, etc. Should be the same at any Mart With Walls.

Smitty, btw, on the one in your pic with the blue bands, did you cut the little strips that go around the prongs out of the same stuff?

·
2,153 Posts
Is this what you mean? Wood Flooring Tints and shades Magenta Hardwood If so, I use clamps strapped to my knees sitting in a chair.
I like to use the same rubber to tie it off. I found mine with all the exercise stuff in Wall Mart. Wallgreens also sells small packs of Theraband for about $13.00

Attachments

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
I bought the same a few days ago but haven't Had the time to cut any bands yet. Living in a small town I have little option for material so look for what i can.

·
Registered
2 Posts
I bought the same a few days ago but haven't Had the time to cut any bands yet. Living in a small town I have little option for material so look for what i can.
I cut some but have yet to try it out. I cut 6 2" strips and put 3 on each side of the blue. I want to try it with some heavy lead to see how it reacts

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
Check these out: My link. Was over at Wally World tonight picking up some stuff and saw these. Didn't have the cash to pick them up, but there are three different bands @ roughly 4' long x 6" wide each. That's a lot of bands for $10.
These are also made of latex, according to the box. I might have to give some a try, unless someone else here beats me to it.
I tried these they are ok. Academy offers a larger variety of the same stuff for 12.99. I ended up tossing them in the can.

·
Registered
855 Posts
I've been messing around with these now for awhile, and here's the latest experiment. This is my modded eBay oak "cheapie" mounted with two strips of the yellow band. THese bands are folded, and each one is 4" at the fork, 2" inches at the pouch and 9" long from fork to pouch. These things are very, very fast, but fairly heavy to pull as well (nearly on par with RR-2s). The red bands that come in these sets don't seem of much use. I haven't found a combo yet that gives a decent pull. I haven't had the chance to play around with the blue yet. Elasticity on these bands is excellent. Someone else mentioned getting another brand of exercise bands and having them stretch and then not return all the way. I haven't experienced that with these thus far.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 27 Posts