Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
Had to check back in on this thread to bump it and hear some more information.

Just wondering, Darren and Dragonmaster, did you happen to get a bag of 107's yet?

And DM, if you did, and have been able to shoot a bit, hows the comparison?

I may get some of either the 107's or the 105's this coming weekend, they will really help me out with knocking up a few Christmas present slingshots with some spare bands included.

Feedback from anyone would be great, if nothing else, I will get a small amount just because I enjoy experimenting.
Thanks - John
Glad you bumped this up Bane', as I too intended to keep up with this post and the bands mentioned .

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
I have waited nearly a year for my supply of thera band to be depleted to feel justified in buying re flatband material (Tex's bands or sheet). And most likely will buy the sheet and perhaps a couple of band sets. The reason is I got a band set from him and loved the band set. The best way to put it is that It feels like all the key factors are in place for a near perfect set for what I like. Others have bragged for Tex, about his sets. Then when he breaks down buying a sheet from him, how can one not go with that?

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
To clear things up I didn't intend for my comments to infringe on the point of the thread so I am sorry anyone thought I was intending to change one's point of view, or criticize that someone would be interested with the rubber band idea.

I only meant to praise Tex's product. In fact I have an interest in trying the 107's since I like to know the characteristics of what is out there.

I realize you want to keep this on track but sometimes you guys get too touchy. Just leave a comment alone if it isn't perfectly stated.

·
Registered
4,664 Posts
It's all good in my camp Ray, I have no problems with your post or any others, just it sort of looked like this topic was dipping towards a turn for the worse, and I absolutely hate forum arguments and conflicts.

I just posted that from the heart in hopes to both get the thread back on track and relieve tension, clear up the situation..........In this case, it is quite possible either myself or even others may have misinterpreted the discussion at this stage....it happens, its all in text with little emotion, tone, facial expressions, body language, etc. It can be hard to interpret at times.

Yes, some can get a bit too touchy, personally I try not to get worked up about anything at all on a forum, because honestly I don't know any of you!
Let's just get back to business here, if anyone would like me to change my post, I'm open for that as it seems I may have taken it a bit wrong.

In close, I am not at all bothered by any previous posts, my post was a preventative measure I guess, because I was thinking the worse...... and it seems I have come off wrong.....nevertheless, I hope the info in my post helps at least someone a bit

I can't wait for more updates and thoughts on these rubberbands, I will surely go in as much detail as I am able to once I get shooting, if time allows.

Take Care everyone - John
John you did a stellar job of wording the tread at an earlier point to keep the tread on it's intended course. Perhaps I was too touchy. Nonetheless I am enjoying the subject of these bands (105 and 107s).

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.