Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
I've been using 107's for a while, these are just longer than the 105's. The "natural rubber" bands from alliance are stretchy enough i can use one band doubled over giving me enough for my draw length this configuration of 107 doubles is quite fast i think for the priceof them. oncei get aroundto getting my new chrono set up i will report on the speed.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i double up the 107's. i can just get enough draw length from a single 107 doubled over. with this configuration they seem to hit pretty hard.

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Brewman, i don't think anyone is suggesting that a set of doubled 107's will rival a set of Bill's bands for performance, but i don't think bills bands cost 22 cents per set do they? The title is flatbands on a budget. As far as effort is concerned, it takes me about 2 minutes to fully make and a attach a bandset made from 107's, and as i mentioned it costs less than a quarter.

Reactions: Larry Bass

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
i can find them locally, but even if you do have to order them, mcmaster carr has reasonable shipping. But your right, if you have to pay for shipping this would probably double cost to a bit less than 50 cents per set!

·
Registered
1,676 Posts
Tex, i didn't realilze that you could get your latex sheet that cheap! mind posting a link? this is something i would be interested in since i already have a rotary cutter, etc.

But i still think there is appeal for 107's since there is no cutting involved.

I've never claimed that using 107's were top performers, just a cheap, easily obtainable, easily processable material for making slingshot bands.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.