Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
I got my 107s today and really like them so far. Ordered from Staples.com and shipped to store for free. I am using them OTT on a smaller upright shooting board cut that I made. I am currently running them at about 9", which lets me pull back to the ear (I don't know my draw length, but I'm 5'11" and I don't have monkey arms, so about average). I'm shooting in the garage so I've been using mostly1/4" steel. At the current length they will put a 1/4" right through a coke can at 20' (far away as I can get) and are as accurate as anything else I've tried. They shoot 3/8" with authority too, but the richochets are too scary!
I'm really looking forward to taking them out and shooting at 30' to compare them with my Trumark RRT equiped FS-1 wrist rocket. I think with some experimenting and maybe even doubling (at the price why not?) they will do very well.

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
After using mine for a week a few things stand out for me.
First is that these bands are very durable. I use mine on a small, unfinished board-cut that doesn't have the cleanest top edges (I can't put it down long enough to poly coat it
) and the bands still hold up great. They also seem very consistant in their stretch, I haven't had to re-tie since a bit of initial stretching.
Second, these are what I'm going to put on my gift slings, but I think I'll stick with chained bands for my shooters. My un-scientific Coke can testing has shown that at the same draw length my chained bands (33s chained 4-3-3) are a lighter pull and hit noticeably harder with equal or greater accuracy. I'm shooting 1/4" steel at 20ft in the garage. With the 107s I get about 1 out of 6 to penetrate the can, the chains do it 5 out of 6 times or more. The chains are more of a bother to make (but easier to attatch to the pouch for sure) and require more attention, but are worth it to me.

· Premium Member
7,824 Posts
Niagara, even without a Chrony you can get an idea of performance. On a windless morning, go to a large body of water and shoot steel shot over it with the different set-ups. You can see the shot hit the water at long distances when it is smooth. You may be surprised at what shoots further; it is not always what you think. The set-up that shoots further has the most power. Remember you might need up to 400 yards (365 meters) of range. Shooting over water at targets 50 to 100 yards (45 to 91 meters) will also improve your release. -- Tex-shooter
Tex I just have to tell you how great it is to have you on this forum. You always have great advice and are a wealth of information.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.