Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 40 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have really enjoyed discovering bone and antler recently. I made this slingshot out of bits and pieces lying about my shop from other projects- leftovers that would have gone to waste. The antler fork was too small and irregular to make a complete slingshot, so I attached a wooden handle of osage orange and paduak laminate. I capped off the tips with Osage and micarta, pinned with 1/8" brass rod. The Signature Flippinout Tear Drop palm swells are made from Elk antler on one side and moose antler on the other. The main fork is made from a Southeastern US Whitetail.

I fitted it go in my right hand but it shoots great and feels great in either hand in either direction. It is a truly ambidextrous ergo due to my Signature Flippinout Tear Drop palm swells and curvy shape.

I did not put in grooves for the bands, as it detracted from the overall beauty of the fork. This is the only frame I have been shooting for over a week and has earned a permanent place in my collection. As such, it is not for sale.

Thanks for looking.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I love it! -- Tex

·
Registered
527 Posts
Looks great. The paduak and orange osage make a beautiful combination. I'm going to have to pick up some of both when I go to Timber next weekend.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
SPECTACULAR! Nathan

Very nice contrasts

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
That's beyond craftsmanship and into the realm of fine art.

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
AMAZING!!! Nathan you keep outdoing yourself!! I agree your work is artwork and worthy of a spotlight and a pedestal... even though I know you make them to shoot. When I was in college and heavy into pottery, sculpture and art for awhile I saw wood pieces like you make that were not functional for anything sell in excess of a $500 for home decor.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Thanks all!! I plan to make a really ugly slingshot soon, a real dog if you know what i mean!?!

NOT!!

Thanks for the kind words and stick around to see what is next to come out of the Flippinout shop!

·
Slingshots Canada
708 Posts
You have insane skill my friend, I am honored to know you and own one of your fine shooters!

·
Premium Member
8,097 Posts
Thanks all!! I plan to make a really ugly slingshot soon, a real dog if you know what i mean!?!
Whoo-hoo! Sign me up!
I gotta tell you, I usually don't like antler slingshots at all but this one is fantastic. The curve of it looks like it's begging to be shot.
Unless you're NoSugarRob, and then it looks like it's begging for something else (halfway through the post...)
Great work!

1 - 20 of 40 Posts