Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I found a great cedar fork that was really chunky, sorry for not having pics of the original fork. Anyway, I wanted to carve out one of my current models from a natural fork, just for fun. It came out quite nice and Eastern Red Cedar has a beautiful grain, especially within the fork.

Check it out and it is NOT for sale, staying in the personal collection.

·
Registered
604 Posts
The finish on your frames is always so perfectly smooth without being too glossy or oily...is there any chance that you could give me a hint as to what you use as a "finish"?

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks all! I still haven't shot it, I should be taken out and flogged for such behavior! It sure is purty though

·
Philly
2,595 Posts
Nice job Nathan, hope you wear a respirator cedar is very toxic. We'd hate to loose you Bud.
Philly

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Man that's a beauty, Nathan. Looks like it's gonna be a outstanding shooter, too.

·
Premium Member
1,918 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Nice job Nathan, hope you wear a respirator cedar is very toxic. We'd hate to loose you Bud.
Philly
Absolutely wear a respirator and a quality dust collection system! I generally go to "nearly" finished with just a carving knife on cedar, to reduce dust. It is a very pleasant wood to use a sharp knife on!

·
Registered
29 Posts
I just said this in another post - but what can you do: This is one of my favorites so far. I was afraid to sculpt much on my first natural but I plan to give it a whirl soon. Just beautiful detail.

1 - 15 of 15 Posts