Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
Hello,

using thin, wide bands leads to very powerful slingshots, as we all know.

I have noticed that many people cut out individual stripes, like three layers, and attach those to the fork and pouch.

I never do that, I fold the bands lengthwise instead. This has advantages:

- Faster to cut out
- Less tearing (the tearing is mostly caused die to nicks in the cutting - less cutting, fewer nicks)
- Less slippage at the bindings

I did not notice any disadvantage.

Opinions?

Jörg
do you favor using rotory cutter?

· Resigned
5,341 Posts
That is weird; I have found that folded bands, even though they are more work last longer for me. Folded bands have always torn at the kink where they were tied (either at the fork or pouch). I am shooting a two strip Saunders band set (actually one strip doubled with no tie at the pouch) right now with well over 1000 shots on them and still no tear has started. My own sets don't last that long because even though I use 2 strips there is still a kink at the pouch tie. Tex
Tex, how long are your saunders bands from connected points pouch to prong? Over a thousand shots on a set of bands is impressive. I have yet to get half that on all the bands I have tried.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.