Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for a simple folding wrist-braced slingshot to carry in a hunting pack. Main use will be squirrel deterrent when I'm bow hunting deer. At least a half dozen manufacturers have a model that will fit the bill, Marksman 3040, Trumark FS-1, Saunders, Barnett, Crosman, and I've probably left off a few. Is there really any significant difference in any of these entry-level shooters? The only upgrade I'll probably make is to replace the standard tubes with the red or black. It seems flat bands are on the higher priced models, but I'll probably stick with the simple tubular 'Y' frame, as I may add the tie-wrapped-on, fold-down, whisker biscuit modification for shooting arrows at small game. Thanks in advance for the opinions.

·
Registered
54 Posts
I would say to hold them in your hand to see how the grips feel and get the one most comfortable to you.Other than that there isn't much difference once you get replacement bands.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
Trumark all the way. Every part is made and assembled in the U.S. they have great customer service and they are super accurate. Just my opinion though.

·
No other shooting sport compares.
6,434 Posts
The reason I did not recommend Saunders is because the flat bands they come with will not allow the shooting of arrows. I love both trumark and saunders.

·
Registered
847 Posts
I'll second RecurveMaster. For your use, I'd go with Trumark (FS-1 would be my top choice for what you've described). They're not only well made and accurate as RM noted, but they also weight virtually nothing (seriously, you won't believe how light they area) which makes them a natural for carrying in a pack out to a hunting spot.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.