Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
This Dragon Master was dipped a couple times in Blue and Green food coloring and I'm liking how it turned out. I still need to finish it up, maybe a couple coats of poly? The other has a simple BLO finish.

Attachments

·
Registered
465 Posts
This Dragon Master was dipped a couple times in Blue and Green food coloring and I'm liking how it turned out. I still need to finish it up, maybe a couple coats of poly? The other has a simple BLO finish.
That blue one is really cool!!! I like that frame.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Really nice Jake! How many ply is that and where do you get it?
The one in food coloring is really nice. Actually they both are.
It's 1/2" Plywood that I got at Menards. It's Baltic Birch and it came in a few different sizes and listed as something like "Crafters Boards". I got a 24" x24".

We have contractors putting in an addition at the hospital I work at and I found some nice 3/4", maybe 6" x 30" sitting in their dumpster. It looks almost the same, there are no voids in the plys. I think it was used as shipping material, it will definitely get put to good use.

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts
It's 1/2" Plywood that I got at Menards. It's Baltic Birch and it came in a few different sizes and listed as something like "Crafters Boards". I got a 24" x24".

We have contractors putting in an addition at the hospital I work at and I found some nice 3/4", maybe 6" x 30" sitting in their dumpster. It looks almost the same, there are no voids in the plys. I think it was used as shipping material, it will definitely get put to good use.
At work, we have some nice chairs in the dining rooms, looks like about 7/16" 6 ply. I have been keeping an eye on the construction dumpsters hoping one will get thrown in the trash eventually. They discard furniture around here like toilet paper. No luck yet. The wood is curved on the backs. I am thinking a little curve may not be a bad thing.

·
Registered
4,146 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·

At work, we have some nice chairs in the dining rooms, looks like about 7/16" 6 ply. I have been keeping an eye on the construction dumpsters hoping one will get thrown in the trash eventually. They discard furniture around here like toilet paper. No luck yet. The wood is curved on the backs. I am thinking a little curve may not be a bad thing.
What if, unfortunately, one of the legs happened to break?? :naughty:

·
Mr. Mars
360 Posts

What if, unfortunately, one of the legs happened to break?? :naughty:
Hahahaha, don't think it didn't cross my mind. Hahahahahah

·
SLING-N-SHOT
4,156 Posts
That blue one is really cool!!! I like that frame.

Agreed.....that Turquoise color looks great DSIL

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.