Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Ray Rowden
3,250 Posts
You really can shoot bbs with any frame. Just band it up to match the (lightweight) ammo!

Here are a couple of examples.

Food Toy Musical instrument Wood Carmine

Here are a couple naturals, a Gen 1 Scout, an oak Axiom Champ and a Daisy B-51. All set up with #64 office bands, cut in the middle, one per side.

Wood Eyewear Air gun Material property Trigger

Here's a ply flat-top Jelly Bean banded with 1/4-inch SS black bands for butterfly shooting.

Aluminum can Tin can Fluid Line Cylinder

Here's a natural with 1632s. Good for .177s or, in this case, 5/16-inch steel.

Attachments

· Ray Rowden
3,250 Posts
Good questions, Gary.

I'm not sure how your hands are, but my arthritis mostly affects my thumb, so any grip that takes pressure off that helps. Wrist braced slingshots help, but they are not my favorites. Well shaped ergos, such as the Pocket Predator Mini Taurus are more my style. That said, there are so many wire-frames out there I like to keep my hand in. I attach flat bands, including office rubber, by wrapping with more office rubber, and finishing with a wrap and tuck, knot, or using up the whole band.

Here's a vid that may explain it better: https://www.youtube.com/watch?time_continue=5&v=JkNyb0q0bYk&feature=emb_logo

You really can shoot bbs with any frame. Just band it up to match the (lightweight) ammo!

attachicon.gif
HalloweenBands.JPG

Here are a couple naturals, a Gen 1 Scout, an oak Axiom Champ and a Daisy B-51. All set up with #64 office bands, cut in the middle, one per side.

attachicon.gif
TargetX20.JPG

Here's a ply flat-top Jelly Bean banded with 1/4-inch SS black bands for butterfly shooting.

attachicon.gif
5-16target.jpg

KawKan, Is the Daisy P51great for arthritic hands? Seemingly I like the wrist support mounted to the top of the sling frame! Also, like the #64 rubber bands! How are you attaching them to 1/4-inch steel rod frames? Thank you, Gary

· Ray Rowden
3,250 Posts

attachicon.gif
HalloweenBands.JPG

attachicon.gif
TargetX20.JPG

attachicon.gif
5-16target.jpg

Yes, of course you are very correct .. BTW; how do the #64 rubber bands do with BB's .. do they fly pretty fast ?

wll
Using the #64s cut, with one per side, BBs will often penetrate a fresh aluminum can from 10 meters, and sometimes pass through. Of course you get more pass-throughs after 50 or 60 hits. LOL!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.