·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I want to hear slingshot war stories!

·
Registered
24 Posts
Me and a colleague shot 14 jackdaws when we worked night for about a month ago.
It was in a small building where they got in and **** on everything in there.
It smelled terrible, but we had lots of fun!

(The killed jackdaws became food for the foxes)

We've shot a lot of pigeons at work also ...

This summer we plan to shoot rabbits because there are plenty of them in a certain place. But they are we eating ourselves!

/Jörgen

·
Registered
161 Posts
When I was younger I carried a slingshot on my trapline. I've shot possums, *****, skunks, pack rats, squirrel and rabbit. Now, I would be lucky to hit a moose at 10 yds. None of the shots I made back then were very far off. The farthest being maybe 15 yds on a squirrel. I would use egg sinkers for ammo.

·
Resigned
946 Posts
I have been hunting a lot over the winter mainly squirrels. I work in the woods most of the time and they are making a real mess stripping bark, they destroyed about half an acre of Hazel that we were going to use for greenwood furniture. We also have a very large population of rabbits
on the farm that also need to be kept under control. Nothing is waisted squirrels taste just as good as rabbits.

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
I have been hunting a lot over the winter mainly squirrels. I work in the woods most of the time and they are making a real mess stripping bark, they destroyed about half an acre of Hazel that we were going to use for greenwood furniture. We also have a very large population of rabbits
on the farm that also need to be kept under control. Nothing is waisted squirrels taste just as good as rabbits.
You cant beat the taste of squirrel, but theres not that many were i live so i just leave them, but rabbit is a other mater, jeff

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
I want to hear slingshot war stories!
Have a Bradford Pear tree near my front door. Each year it will flower for a short time and it is at this time that Honey Bees will come and do what they do. Also wasps will come but more interesting is the Large Bumble Bees. It is no challenge to shoot the other flying insects but the Bumble Bees are shifty flyers and they almost always dodge the shot. However I finally got one at about 12 feet away and I used a load of BBs in the oversized pouch. Out of all of the hundreds of times I have tried I have only managed to hit one and I think the Bumble Bee was temporarily distracted. But it was fun. Thats my story and Im sticking to it.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
I have killed Squirrels, Rabbits, Quail, Turtles, Snakes, and Pest, but not in the area where I live. Most Game is protected in Texas and a slingshot is not a legal weapon here, but you can take Pigeons, rabbits, ground Squirrels and some other unprotected game, if you have a hunting license. A squirrel is protected. I did hunt a lot, but I am not much of a hunter anymore. -- Tex

·
Resigned
1,152 Posts
In my time I've bagged rabbits, squirrels, water moccasins (the only snake I'll kill), some fish, large rats from my lawn mower, and some assorted birds (though NEVER songbirds of any kind). I will state from experience that it will take larger prey but I'm not going into any specifics other than it can be done.

That Martin fellow is quite the killer with his natural fork. That was a nice pile of squizzers you had going there! Thanks for sharing your pics and I'll see if I can dig something up of my own.

·
Resigned
5,563 Posts
My kill list consists of snapping turtles because they are dangerous to my dogs when they venture in my yard and catfish, garfish, poisonous snakes, lizards. Occasionally I will give a cat a hip shot if they are fighting under my house but nothing to cause an injury. I think that covers my adventures.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts