Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
so i got this Barnett BW because of the grey bands,i wanted to see if they were any better than the black ones they normally come with,slightly better,pouch is still ridiculous tho,Anyway i got to looking at the angle the forks have in relation to the handle/grip and was wondering if anybody knows why they are offset from a regular 45 degree [all my others are 45s] just curious.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,464 Posts
I never could figure out why they are like that. You really have to bend your wrist back toward you to get the tubes to be in a straight line with the target.

I just take a small piece of pipe and bend them until they are a 90° angle.

The Strike 9 and the Black Widow are my favorite wire frames. They actually have a pretty decent hammer grip and low fork height. The stock tubes and pouches suck buttermilk though.

·
Registered
1,396 Posts
Looking at the so-called "Black Widow" slingshot presented on the Barnett website, it looks as though the fork extension angle is like that of your specific slingshot:

https://www.barnettcrossbows.com/black-widow

Here is a photo of an older Barnett "Black Widow" slingshot I have not used for years (excessively heavy draw weight tubes), where the outward angle of the fork extensions is 90 degrees relative to the vertically placed slingshot frame.

I would assume that you should have nothing to worry about if your slingshot is indeed an original Barnett i.e. it's not a bootleg copy from "replica town" that someone tampered with, thus inducing potential metal fatigue.

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,191 Posts
I can’t tell you why, but I picked up a marksman wrist rocket a while back just for fun because I had one as a kid.(the one I modified the forks to the Tex style matchstick method) and the new marksman was the same way, forks angled up. Maybe they know something we don’t.........lol

·
Registered
4,770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Looking at the so-called "Black Widow" slingshot presented on the Barnett website, it looks as though the fork extension angle is like that of your specific slingshot:

https://www.barnettcrossbows.com/black-widow

Here is a photo of an older Barnett "Black Widow" slingshot I have not used for years (excessively heavy draw weight tubes), where the outward angle of the fork extensions is 90 degrees relative to the vertically placed slingshot frame.

I would assume that you should have nothing to worry about if your slingshot is indeed an original Barnett i.e. it's not a bootleg copy from "replica town" that someone tampered with, thus inducing potential metal fatigue.
got it from Walmart,so it is a Barnett,just different from the other one I had

·
Registered
443 Posts
I wonder if it shoots more like OTT that way ?

·
Registered
1 Posts
I finally figured it out... with the ss on your wrist, extend the arm as you would normally, BUT point you wrist STRAIGHT. This tilts the forks more upright and it’s like shooting OTT. keeping the wrist straight takes the stress/strain/pressure off the wrist when it is bent upright as holding the ss in “normal “ way of shooting. My wrist has thanked me for the relief!

1 - 14 of 14 Posts