Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
126 Posts
been looking at a few slingshots (Saunders Hawk, Barnett Diablos & Cobra, etc.) and have been unable to figure out what, if any, advantage there is to what i call the "ram's head" twist in the forks. can anyone help me out here? thanks much.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
I think Tex-Shooter could answer that one best, but I think it is so it can be adjusted the way you want it.

·
Registered
258 Posts
The twist is necessary for attaching the metal part to the handle. See, you want a loop going backwards in the middle to slip in grooves on the handle. Now the metal of the fork must go upwards somehow and slightly outwards, and one easy way to do this is to let it run forwards and then upwards becuause it looks nice and allows you to bend the metal with a big radius, which is easier and improves stability of the material.

·
Tex-shooter
4,493 Posts
On the Saunders Hawk Slingshot it the "horn curl" (or large fork bend) does two things. One, it allows enough rod space to mount their flat band cam attachment. Two, it brings the torque back toward the shooter for more stability and accuracy. Tex

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Thanks Mel and Tex!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts