Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All

I made a bit of a newbie mistake, I recently changed my old slingshot for a ppmg+ from proshot catapults. A beautiful catapult I must admit.

Now I've not had a problem with fork hits for a long time, but when I started with this I must of hit the too fork 10 times if not more. I realised my mistake I had twisted the band when I tied it on. Once I rectified this no more fork hits and accuracy had improved. Don't get me wrong I'm no sharp shooter yet, but accurate for my ability.

Sorry for the ramble, but my question is where I've hit the left hand (top fork) there are now multiple dents. Will this effect the life of my bands, or will I be ok.

I apologise if this is a bit of a silly question, but all help much appreciated.

Thank you in advance

Locky ????????

·
Registered
1,864 Posts
Sorry to hear...

Fork hits suck worse than an actual hand hit, cause your hand will heal by itself..... unfortunately it's part of the shooting process. I get fork hits everytime I switch from OTT back to TTF, (if it's been awhile of shooting OTT) and usually it's because my forks aren't squared to the bands centerline...even a little forward or backward tilt will cause a fork hit with TTF....it makes me mind my form....and I trend to grab one of my scout frames first, which is starting to look like the surface of the moon on the lower fork...lol...full of small craters..

As mentioned above, it's not a problem as long as there isn't sharp edges...and when there is, I either smoothen them down with sandpaper...

MW

Sent from my B3-A40 using Tapatalk

·
Premium Member
9,886 Posts
I think in your part of the world, Wasp slingshots would be readily available. Just something with a little taller forks than the ppmg.
Make sure you are holding the frame square to the target. You can check it in front of a mirror. If the frame is tilted one way or the other when released...POW!!! Fork hit. Good luck buddy and don't forget to have fun.

·
Registered
19 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks mate funny enough I was just thinking of getting a wasp uniphoxx to practice with.

I know a lot of this is going to be down to poor form and being a newbie. But I'm going to keep going. I'll get something a bit easier for now and cheaper, save me destroying my nice ppmg lol

1 - 11 of 11 Posts