Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

· Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have been getting fork hits on the right tip of the fork when I aim down. I hold the sling on the right hand and draw with the left. (And I'm right handed) I never get fork hits when I'm aiming horizontal or up. This is so strange. I got dents in my new slingshot which I had to sand down. (Sorry Perry
) I'm not sure what's going on here. Why just low shots? Every other shot was a fork hit yesterday until I had to just quit.

Anybody can help? I'd appreciate it.

· Registered
350 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
FOUND the problem!!!

Thank you all for advise. The problem is that I was not bracing it properly. The lack of support caused a torque..almost like a twist which is not recongnizablewhen shooting as it happens in a split of a second. I video taped myself and saw that indeed there is torque in slow motion. I need to hold the forks tight enough and shoot.

Also I reliazed I'm missing targets due to this torque issue. It's so dynamic ! Pull, angle, torque, aim, bands, pouch, position of sling and 3000 other factors!

Dumb question but it has to be asked, do you brace your fingers against the prongs for support? I've ran across a lot of people that don't and unless you have a very strong wrist,the handle can turn on you due to torque and well-prong hit! Other then that, make sure your arm is fully extended. Sometimes when shooting downward you'll "bunch up" rather then shooting at regular extension. Flatband

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.