Slingshots Forum banner
  • Enter Our Dog Days of Summer BBQ Giveaway Now!  ENDING SOON

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all

I want say fork hits have gotten frequent, but up until the last few days i was never hitting the forks.
shooting ott. Naturals and a few store bought.

my question would be, do fork hits generally result from improper release or to do with the slingshot hand?
It seems to me sling hand, not holding the forks 90 degrees to the ground. But it feels like I'am doing that.
Whats your thoughts.

Thanks

·
Registered
935 Posts
Pay attention to your angles like you said 90 degrees to the ground and so forth. Maybe you picked up some bad habits, and its causing your fork hits. Treat it like hitting the reset button. Do this until your not damaging your tools of the trade.

Check your bands to make sure there even or one dosent have a twist in it. Make sure your centering your ammo and check your pouch release technique.

Good luck and stay positive.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Pay attention to your angles like you said 90 degrees to the ground and so forth. Maybe you picked up some bad habits, and its causing your fork hits. Treat it like hitting the reset button. Do this until your not damaging your tools of the trade.

Check your bands to make sure there even or one dosent have a twist in it. Make sure your centering your ammo and check your pouch release technique.

Thank you sir

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·

I'll check that out.
Thanks

·
Registered
672 Posts
Honestly it usually had to do with how straight you are holding your bands. If when you look at your bands and it looks like there is still two of them, then something is slightly askew. If you look at your bands and it looks like one thin line you are usually right on the money. Make sure your bands are lining up closely to avoid some of those fork hits.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Honestly it usually had to do with how straight you are holding your bands. If when you look at your bands and it looks like there is still two of them, then something is slightly askew. If you look at your bands and it looks like one thin line you are usually right on the money. Make sure your bands are lining up closely to avoid some of those fork hits.

Sent from my SM-N960U using Tapatalk
Will do, thanks.

·
Premium Member
11,876 Posts
I’m not the best on advice, but if it’s been done wrong I’ve done it Every time I would shoot my slingshots, Things would start out ok, but if I had one fork hit, I would start changing everything. Once I changed everything, I lost what confidence I had. My suggestion is, what TreeFork told me a few years ago”just have fun” Don’t think about it, just let them fly I do have one question, when you have a fork hit are they consistently in the same place?

·
Mojave Mo
5,372 Posts
I can't actually answer your question Tag. I actually won't say or even write the 'FH' or 'HH' in fear of angering the SlingGods. In fact I am playing with fire by even being on this thread?!
My Pops said this to me for 55 years whenever I voice an obstacle. "Do not focus on that which you do not wish to take place".

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

·
Mojave Mo
5,372 Posts
Here is another thought. When we start, we are very conscious of form and release. But after we get a little farther down the learning scale, we start to get a little lax in those areas. My advice is to calm down,take a deep breath, put a smile on your face and get back to proper form.
Great point. I think Dale Earnhardt could've used you as a driving coach.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
I'm not the best on advice, but if it's been done wrong I've done it Every time I would shoot my slingshots, Things would start out ok, but if I had one fork hit, I would start changing everything. Once I changed everything, I lost what confidence I had. My suggestion is, what TreeFork told me a few years ago"just have fun" Don't think about it, just let them fly I do have one question, when you have a fork hit are they consistently in the same place?
Yes sir, pretty much identical. So at least i am being consistent.

see my post below

·
Registered
71 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
I can't actually answer your question Tag. I actually won't say or even write the 'FH' or 'HH' in fear of angering the SlingGods. In fact I am playing with fire by even being on this thread?!
My Pops said this to me for 55 years whenever I voice an obstacle. "Do not focus on that which you do not wish to take place".

So true.

i would skip every article written about target panic in the archery books. Never had a real problem with it. So i dang sure didn't want to learn about it.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.