Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 · (Edited)
Hey Folks,

I shoot OTT and vertical. I have noticed, in order to make the 2 bands overlap, the top band "covers" the bottom band when shooting ,I have to tilt the top fork tip to the right, but by doing this, the 2 forks are not perfectly "vertical" any more. Interestingly enough, this doesn't seem to affect my accuracy in many cases. Anybody knows why this happens? What is your experience?
Thanks and happy shooting
Alan

·
Registered
1,315 Posts
In my experience it does not matter at what angle the slingshot sits at. For me I keep my head straight up and down and I align my slingshot to my vertical head. This helped a lot when I locked in my head position. My slingshot ends up being at a little less than 45°, but as long as the bands are stacked one on top of the other and your eye is directly lined up over those bands it does not matter at what angle the slingshot is orientated.
You should only see one band if they're completely stacked on top of the other. For a larger Target if the bands aren't stacked right on top of the other it's not such a big deal, but when you're going for smaller targets like 30 mm and 20 mm targets that's going to make a big difference, and you might as well get in the habit now of stacking those bands directly one on top of the other.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts