Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I was wandering about the grove I see allot of you use in your fork tips and that some don't use this method. Is there any advantage to the grove and if so what it might be. I don't use a grove on my slingshots and I tie my bands with rubber bands both at the fork and pouch with no problem of slipping. It seems to work ok for me was also wondering if it would help to use a rubber backing on the fork tip.

·
Registered
4,733 Posts
Hi Dragonmaster,

I put grooves in mine depending how they feel in my hand. The lighter color catty has grooves I put in deeper after I was finished with the catty. The darker one I left it without finish and started shooting and found I altered the size and shape of the grooves on that one too, to suit my finger and hand shape.

The grooves (as well as design) are multi fold. Comfort. And the grab the groove gives, especially in the back reduces the effort in holding the catty. Wherein I find my grip feels so relaxed. I really love the feel of these cattys. The darker one is heavily modeled after the lighter one but made from a flat board.

Another reason is it can help with consistent hand/finger position too!

Attachments

·
Banned
1,015 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I guess I didn't make my question right what I mean is the groves at the tip were you tie the bands on sorry that was my fault I should have worded it better.

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
My response to the groove question is I like it for the added security it brings. I don't want to get one in the face.
Rubber sticks to rubber really well, but I would think it would have to be glued to the wood for a rubber backing to help any, unless you are talking of wrapping some rubber around the fork tips. Then they are getting thicker than needs be. A thin wrap with thin rubber might look pretty good, but I am partial to the simple attachment a groove gives.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts