Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

· Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Is there a specific ratio that should be used when designing a slingshot's fork? Specifically, is there a specific width ratio that should be used? I would think that there is, and it would be related to the draw length(and the relative geometry of the bands). I have seen everything from Jorg's narrow forked U-Ring slingshot, up to the very wide fork of the Falcon Slingbow.

· Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Do you think a narrower form allows for faster projectile speeds? I would think it would, since the bands are retracting more directly toward their targets. To be my own devil's advocate, perhaps having a wider fork would accelerate the projectile faster, since the bands are being pulled at an angle thus increasing the pouch speed.

· Premium Member
4,811 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I think it would be a good challenge for someone with a chrony (Jorg?) to do this test:
1. Use the same band with;
2. A single draw length or pull power and;
3. Do 3 shots each with a fork width ranging from two to eight inches, in one inch increments.

I would bet that the speed would be faster with one extreme over the other. However, I woudnt bet on which one was faster.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.