Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Here is one that has taken over a week to get it coated it in a gloss black.

I am showing it in gold. The gold was an experiment to see how the gold paint looked. I figured it was essentially a primer, so, might as well. It also enables one to see the form whereas I can't get photos of it in black where the form can be seen clearly. Glad I took some of it in gold first.

In Gloss black it is stunning. I say it is stunning not as an egocentric comment, but if you could see it in person, smooth, with a buttery black gloss, Oh Man!!!!

DSC01188.JPG DSC01189.JPG DSC01192.JPG DSC01194.JPG DSC01197.JPG DSC01198.JPG DSC01199.JPG DSC01231.JPG

Attachments

·
Premium Member
3,465 Posts
Great! It looks like a combination of carving and modelling clay.

·
Registered
2,260 Posts
Muy interesante tu concepto Rayshot.

Y que tal cumplió expectativas en la tirada?

y apropocito de que material es jeje!

Very interesting your Rayshot concept.

And that so fulfilled expectations in the distance?

and by the way of which material it is? jeje!

Chepo

·
Brotherhood Of The Slingshot Nutz
2,153 Posts
Very cool !

·
Premium Member
2,177 Posts
Thats what i like to see one offs, ZDP-189 makes them, i love his work, that one you have done is a lovely bit of work, Martin and statikpunk are all differant, i like it in black, jeff

·
Registered
855 Posts
It does bear a resemblance to the Kruger. Seeing the finger-through-the-frame pic reminded me of something, but I couldn't quite place it. The Kruger is what I was thinking of.
The black final finish looks wonderful, though the original gold reminds me of James Bond for some reason (Man with the Golden Gun or Goldfinger, perhaps?
). Nice!

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Very good, Ray, I like that one a lot. It reminds me a little bit on my Freddy Kruger frame, with the index finger going through a hole.
I saw the Freddy but actually forgot about that one. The one that I kept thinking of is your Knuckle Duster. I am a huge fan of the Kuckle Duster concept!! The 'Duster took some planning and tweeking to get the right angles to accommodate a natural grip.

I wanted to try out designs that like the glove shot that take advantage of positioning and grip to reduce strain yet be held more like a hammer grip and look cool.

·
Registered
4,726 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Great! It looks like a combination of carving and modelling clay.
It is carved modeling clay. It is actually the prototype to find where I need and want to make changes because I am interested in making a cast of the refined one or find some other material that is not breakable and make one.

·
Member, Brotherhood of Slingshot Nutz
11,245 Posts
Wow, Ray. That is designed fantastically!
I think you should have it cast in gunmetal black aluminum. Extraordinarily good work, man!

·
"Southern Flip Style"
2,647 Posts
VERY, VERY UNIQUE!!!!

·
Resigned
946 Posts
That's a cracking slingshot, what does it shoot like. It looked great in gold, like a slingshot version of an Oscar.

Martin.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts