Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Ceramic Baking beads.

https://i.imgur.com/DpMItt9.jpg

Ive been meaning to try these out for a while now and with a need to shoot indoors for a while, I finally have an excuse.

They are frikkin excellent.

I expected them to be very inaccurate, but they are actually flying fairly straight at 10m distance. I doubt they will be very consistent at any range longer than that, but I am eager to do some testing when i get the chance.

I can get them at the supermarket.

They are cheap. This container contained 222 balls and cost $6 Australian. Thats less than $0.03 per ball. Many countries you might be able to get them way cheaper again.

They are light weight but not too light, averaging at 1.5 grams. So they fly well but flyers will hopefully do much less damage than steel (except to glass, I dont want to hit even tap a window with these).

Diameter looks to be about 11-12mm and is pretty consistent with very few being abnormally large or small. So they are great for practicing release for medium sized ammo.

Being ceramic, they should be environmentally friendly. So I can take them walking and not be too worried if a few are left unfound.

Im going to do some testing, shooting them at a few different things tomorrow. Im hoping the ceramic will shatter if it hits anything reasonably hard. Id much rather clean up a few shards of sharp ceramic than whatever the ball hits.

Well worth the few dollars they cost. Cant wait to hunt some rocks on the walking trail.

·
Registered
76 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Ah,ha. I knew there had to be someone already shooting these. They are just too cheap to walk past without grabbing some to try.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts