Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've always had a thing for Swiss Army Knives. When I was a kid, one of my favorite movies was Rescuer's Down Under. In it, a young Australian boy does his best to save a golden eagle from an evil poacher, armed with nothing more than his wits and his trusty red pocket knife (also some talking mice...). I owned one for a brief Summer before poor choices and fate led to me losing it. Since then I've often thought about getting another but never pulled the trigger.

I was at a flea market yesterday and saw this in the display case. I assumed it was a knock-off at first, but was pleased to realize it was genuine! Five minutes and $2 later I was out the door with a new knife and looking for evil poachers to thwart. I've since tried to do a little research, and it looks like I've got the Spartan model. I'm having trouble identifying what year though. If anyone knows I'd appreciate the help!

Attachments

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Nice! - Economy model ( could be a Spartan but looks like its missing the keyring)

Think its late 70's to mid 80's

Before this had Elinox stamped on the blade I believe.
Thanks Matt! There have been so many models it's been hard trying to figure out exactly what I had. I thought it had to be older since it didn't have the toothpick and tweezers, but didn't realize it might be that old! I like it when my knives have a little history behind them.

·
Super Moderator
6,192 Posts
Thinking about it - think my first ever pocket knife may have been one of those. Dad gave it to me before going on a camp - had my name engraved and everything - remember that I somehow managed to cut myself all over just admiring the blades. Sort of 'how the...?' They always came that sharp. SAK's always have an amazing way of simply disappearing... lost so many over the years.

For me it was MacGyver - sort of proved how cool I was for simply having one :)

·
Registered
1,379 Posts
1 - 11 of 11 Posts