Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Was near a place where people collect to fish. Saw these guys selling fishing stuff and bloody h-e-l-l- look what I found:

Purple Ball Sports equipment Natural material Glass

I have misplaced me calipers but measuring with mobile phone app, they seem to be 13mm in size (he had more sizes also).

5 Rupees for three. My goodness!

Also got 100 meters of very thin fishing line and a bunch of hooks, I have no idea what to do with those but I'll think of something.

Handwriting Font Wall Art Grass

It was this place here:

You can see a guy in the middle of the second video selling similar stuff.

Attachments

·
Banned
1,479 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh I'm sitting on a ton of lead... my solar batteries are done for. Need to learn how to harvest them...

Until then I'm making friends with the fishermen. These super cheap sinkers... I saw them being sold online once but they were like ten times the price.

I don't know the first thing about fishing so people like me get taken advantage of. I just ran into these guys by accident.

·
Premium Member
1,365 Posts
My experience with lead is that if you start looking for it you start finding it pretty easily. Leads toxicity is making a lot of people nervous these days (here in the US) and many don’t know what to do with old fishing weights, lead shot, tire weights etc. Working with molten lead is relatively easy and what is fun is that silicone molds hold up to molten lead temperatures - (at least the 3/8 inch cubed one I make my hunting ammo with does). 3/8 - 9.5mm lead cube hits hard!

·
Registered
2,764 Posts
My experience with lead is that if you start looking for it you start finding it pretty easily. Leads toxicity is making a lot of people nervous these days (here in the US) and many don't know what to do with old fishing weights, lead shot, tire weights etc. Working with molten lead is relatively easy and what is fun is that silicone molds hold up to molten lead temperatures - (at least the 3/8 inch cubed one I make my hunting ammo with does). 3/8 - 9.5mm lead cube hits hard!
You got it Doc.

I bet I've poured a gazillon 38 cal. wadcutters... Wheelweights, sinkers, old lead telephone splice cases, railroad counter weights. The railroad stuff was harder, my dad said it had antimony in it.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.