Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 43 Posts

·
Missing Barns and Telling Yarns
985 Posts
I have entirely too much stuff! Most of it rarely gets any love from me. On top of that, my living situation will be changing soon and I'll have less space than I do now. The solution? Rather than see my beloved possessions go the random strangers or the landfill, I would rather share them with the esteemed members of this forum! Up for grabs I've got several simple frames and a couple knives. I'd like to give everyone a chance to get something, so we'll do a little giveaway. First some ground-rules:

1. I'm gonna limit entries to members in the USA and Canada. I apologize to all our members in Europe and Central/South America, but funds are low so I've got to keep shipping costs down.

2. To enter for a chance to win, just comment "Luck be a lady!" down below. When I like your comment, it means I've written your name down and thrown it in the fishbowl. At the end of the contest my wife will pull out names one at a time and I'll announce the winners.

3. First place gets a knife of their choosing and a frame. Second place gets the other knife (if they want it) and another frame. We'll keep going down the list till we've given them all away. I'll message each winner privately to see which frame they want. Please respond quickly, because I can't let winner #2 pick till winner #1 has gotten back with me. I'll endeavor to ship everything out ASAP.

4. Be warned! I made most of these frames and they're not beauty contestants. You may need to give them a little TLC or completely Frankenstein them, but they're shooters! I just can't stand to give them to Goodwill or someplace where they'll never see any use.

Okay, lets go over the frames/blades real quick! Pics below:

1. Buck 110 pocket knife with leather sheath

2. Cold steel spike knife with plastic sheath

3. Green OTT plywood frame. Large and good for pinch grip.

4. Oak Gherkin Gapper. OTT

5. Oak GS10 with modified forks. OTT

6. Mexican Natty. Small and light with a couple minor cracks. Fits in my back pocket perfectly!

7. Eastern Redbud Natty Altoid frame. Unfinished and bites my knuckles, but maybe you can tame it!

8. Oak modified Slim Picker (Btoon design). OTT. Rough but with cool black/gold glitter paint job.

Okay that's it! We'll run the contest till Nov. 1st and then I'll announce the winners. Feel free to ask questions or message me if you want. And thanks to everyone for making this forum such a cool place! It's a remarkable place filled with amazing people of all different walks of life, and always a source of fun and positivity.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,071 Posts
Luck, be a lady!

Heck - I'll even sing it if you wish.....

I am entering this contest in memory of Father Raja, who taught me how to shoot a BB gun, spin a top, and throw a yo-yo. We never got to shoot slingshots together. I know that he would have enjoyed precision slingshots.

Interestingly, Father Raja was also a Frank Sinatra fan. There was an all Sinatra radio program on Sunday mornings that he enjoyed.

Thank you, MLI!

·
Amateur
2,576 Posts
DON'T PUT MY NAME IN YOUR FISHBOWL......I too have too much stuff but I wanted to take this opportunity to say I think this is a wonderful, generous thing you are doing. KUDOS. It's members like you that makes this forum such fun.

GP
I also have too much, so I will pass the opportunity on to someone else.

I just want to echo Grandpa Pete and reiterate that this is the best place on the internet, hands down.

·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #18 ·
Luck be a lady!... don't hold that 2015 wildcat thing against me. I'm not way into sports, and I could be wrong, but I believe I recall my brother cursing the wildcats for beating us by only a point or 2 the year before that. He still brings it up.
Ah, no hard feelings. It's the bitter moments in life that lend a sweetness to all the others.

·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
"Luck be a lady!"

But maybe after a few drinks...eh! Not so much!

Sorry for the need to pare down Bro.
No worries. I've always suspected I have too many things, and I'll still have plenty of frames to keep me busy :)

Reactions: Covert5

·
985 Posts
Discussion Starter · #20 ·
Well, we haven't had any more submissions so I'm gonna call this thing early! I'll be drawing names and posting results Saturday! If anyone else wants to enter, Friday is your last chance!

1 - 20 of 43 Posts