Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Granddaughter home from MSU for the holidays. Made a frameless BB shooter for her to take back to Montana. Give her something to do when the studies get unbearable. Just 117B alliance band cut in two with a pouch on both ends and a couple hundred BBs. Something she could take on walks with her. Man she took to that like a duck to water. I was giving it my best, but that 18F air took my pointer out of it in no time. I retired to the side lines and coached. Kids are amazingly tough. She was hitting a paper plate from 20 feet. I must be a better teacher than student.

I'm thinking of making something that maybe sticks up between my two middle fingers that I can shoot over the top of my closed fist. HMmmmm...

·
Premium Member
3,289 Posts
Okay, I admire your courage and dexterity. I am going to try to share 2 YouTube links for what I think might be helpful or at least inspiration for what you want.

·
Registered
99 Posts
This scares me and I'm not afraid of anything. Frameless just doesn't seem natural. And shooting with one band my mind can not get around that. I see the rigs these fellows are holding and then walking off a ways and the next thing I see is "poof" they make a remarkable shot. But I've never been able to see any detailed vids of how their rigs are wrapped around their hands or fingers and shooting.

'drif

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
GG great idea. But my index finger is the one that gives me fits.

MP going to watch the videos now and get back to you thanks.

Drif Some where around the forum is a video of how Joey j5 holds the bands. It is really simple once seen.

·
Registered
2,774 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
MP..

Watched the 2 videos. naw.. You picture in your mind sort of how fans from Texas give that "hook 'em horns" sign? Now picture a couple rings coming up betwixt those fingers, using the middle two as a spacer....Lacks a little something in the telling don't it? I'll send you a picture if I get it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts