Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 73 Posts

·
Registered
85 Posts
As the title suggests, I have started shooting frameless a lot. And by a lot I mean 500 to 600 shots a day.
because of this, I have come to some interesting conclusions, such as frames look cool and may be fun to make and use, but are not necessary in the slightest. I got my first tubes last Wednesday, 1842 and 2040, up until then I was a dedicated flatband shooter, but after using a 1 to 1 pseudo taper on the 2040 i have started using tubes more(at least for the moment). I had seen frameless shooters such as Jax and Volp before and was interested to say the least, especially when I saw fowler with one on his wrist. So I cut some 1842 to 16 inches added a Warrior seal pouch and went nuts. Started with Jaxes over the knuckle style and moved onto the chinese or Volps style of shooting, I was very surprised at just how effective this really is. I was knocking down 9 out of 10 cans at 15 yards by the end of the first day with a 10 shot allowance. All this has lead to some nasty blisters on the back of my pointer finger. I am going to slap a bandaid over it and head back out there now, gonna try for 10 out of 10 at 20 yds. wish me luck.
Eyewear Gadget Jewellery Audio equipment Wire

Watch Sleeve Gesture Finger Wrist

Edit: If I posted this on the wrong thread please let me know.

Attachments

·
Read Only
0 Posts
O brother think I stick with whizzing bb for a while I don’t want to knock any digits off lol your out ya mind 50 cal lead let’s see a vid doing that ????

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
O brother think I stick with whizzing bb for a while I don't want to knock any digits off lol your out ya mind 50 cal lead let's see a vid doing that
i'm with ya there, i'm not worried about fork hits, but I am worried about snapping a digest with that green dub dub. I'm flying out to new york soon and i figured that my "bracelet" could get past TSA and new york's stupid rules with out any problems.

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
update on the effectiveness of the frameless rig. using 1842 I bagged 6 pigeons , 2 robins and a rabbit today, using 3/8 steel on the birds and 1/2 inch steel on the rabbit. headshots on all but 1 pigeon, ranges were 3yds to 20yds(rabbit). unfortunately they went into the pot before i took pictures. Almost all of the pigeons were thru and thru neck or headshots. After 4 days of frameless shooting I am just as accurate and precise as with my tourqe or ferret hunter.
I encourage anyone who hasn't tried this style to just do it, it is so much fun, and to quote Joey "it makes you feel like a superhero".

·
Read Only
0 Posts
O brother think I stick with whizzing bb for a while I don't want to knock any digits off lol your out ya mind 50 cal lead let's see a vid doing that
i'm with ya there, i'm not worried about fork hits, but I am worried about snapping a digest with that green dub dub. I'm flying out to new york soon and i figured that my "bracelet" could get past TSA and new york's stupid rules with out any problems.
maybe just bring the parts with u and assemble after u arrive that little room u get locked in has rubber gloves and can of lube ! Don't think I egg the on to much

·
Registered
85 Posts
maybe just bring the parts with u and assemble after u arrive that little room u get locked in has rubber gloves and can of lube ! Don't think I egg the on to much
Thanks for that image, now i'm mentally scarred for life.

·
Registered
54 Posts
Hello
Frameless style was the reason why I ve orderd 1636.
Tried 1745 but was too hard for my 8mm steel for the beginning.
Now I can hit a can on 10m. And I cant train so much ????

I never guess that I can use 35 y.o. frame with good accuracy.
And it is a lot of fun to see your friends faces when you are aiming, and after when you hit the target.

Next step I ll try 1842 or 2040

Bye

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
Well I am starting to get the hang of it I know it's a tall can but gotta start some place ever got couple end shots that's has to count for something pretty cool
Ahh but can you cut it in half yet with those bbs
In all seriousness though, this just goes to prove that, while a frame might help, the heart of the slingshot is the shooter.

Reactions: 31610

·
Registered
85 Posts
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
My next project will be 1745s and light arrows. If my dumb*** isn’t in the hospital by tomorrow I will post the results here. If I am in the hospital I will be posting some stitch pics. Or heck maybe some self stitching again.

Reactions: 31610

·
Aimstinctivist
774 Posts
post-40828-0-54644700-1564419660_thumb.j

Good Lord Son! If I had fingers like that I might be tempted to try handbanding myself. Do yourself a favor, if you really are 16, ditch the handbanding for now and find someone to teach you how to throw a knuckleball and a forkball. You'll make a gazillion dollars a year for as long as you want to work (you can legitimately throw either pitch at the highest level until you're sixty) with the added benefit of making the best hitters in the world look absolutely silly at the plate.

Did I mention the girls? :)

·
Registered
85 Posts
post-40828-0-54644700-1564419660_thumb.j

Good Lord Son! If I had fingers like that I might be tempted to try handbanding myself. Do yourself a favor, if you really are 16, ditch the handbanding for now and find someone to teach you how to throw a knuckleball and a forkball. You'll make a gazillion dollars a year for as long as you want to work (you can legitimately throw either pitch at the highest level until you're sixty) with the added benefit of making the best hitters in the world look absolutely silly at the plate.

Did I mention the girls? :)
I just turned 17 last week, and used to be a pitcher for highschool baseball, but a head on collision two years ago ruined my shoulder for pitching.( seat belt was a blessing and a curse.)

Edit: Slingshots along with archery have been great as physical therapy for right shoulder. Unfortunately even though i am certainly strong enough to draw my 65lb recurve my shoulder won't let me do anything higher than 50 without causing extreme pain. To put the pain rate to scale, I would rather self stitch again rather than pull back a 65lb bow.

1 - 20 of 73 Posts