Slingshots Forum banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Great idea free things are almost always better!
Not free for Winn-Dixie....but nobody's asking them.

Definitely a ghetto catch box. Never seen one like that before.

I don't think I'd be repurposing a stores expensive shopping cart for my own use though. If they are an active store, it's basically theft.

· Super Moderator
5,079 Posts
Not free for Winn-Dixie....but nobody's asking them.

Definitely a ghetto catch box. Never seen one like that before.

I don't think I'd be repurposing a stores expensive shopping cart for my own use though. If they are an active store, it's basically theft.
Stores don't abandon carts in fields. Whoever stole the cart did. In most places, possession of stolen property is a prosecuteable offense.

· Registered
2,847 Posts
Stores don't abandon carts in fields. Whoever stole the cart did. In most places, possession of stolen property is a prosecuteable offense.
Someone else likely abandoned it there, but it's not a first come first serve on abandoned/lost/stolen property if you happen to be the first one to come across it. In the end, the store has its name on it, we know who it belongs to, it's not up for the taking.

The store is the rightful owner of this cart, regardless of where it is located or how it got there.

· Registered
Derek
166 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
Well guys, I was so busy thinking about how I could and not whether I should do this. I hadn't even thought about the "property" aspect.

Amongst the rest of the trash was an old baby pack n' play crib. I was going to grab that (for this same purpose 🤣) then I saw this cart peeking... Guess I made the wrong choice.

Thanks for helping me be a better person, next time.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts